Mandarin is exceptional as it isn’t phonics-based and requires children to familiarize themselves with many characters - or logograms - in order to be able to read and write. Learning Mandarin characters takes practice and concentration, and studying the language helps to develop a child’s memorization skills.
There is also a scientific correlation between learning Mandarin and improved mathematical ability. Practicing character writing requires repeated counting, which boosts numeric thinking in young children.
At LIPP Schools, our Mandarin teachers are proficient in pronunciation, pitch and cultural nuance. Traditional calligraphy and Pinyin practice are actively incorporated into the curriculum.
- Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world, with 1 billion Mandarin speakers.
- Studies have shown that Mandarin speakers use both sides of the brain.
- Speaking Chinese opens the gateway to a deeper understanding of 5,000 years of Chinese history and culture.
- Mandarin proficiency is appreciated by employers and is beneficial for conducting global business.
- Mandarin is also spoken in Malaysia, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Brunei, Mongolia and the Philippines.
“The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential…these are the keys
that will unlock the door to personal excellence.”
Schedule a Tour Today
2605 Potomac Dr Houston, TX 77057
2920 Virginia St. Houston, TX 77098
1210 N. Post Oak Rd. # 150 Houston, TX 77055